Our Hosted Service is designed for high performance, scalability and extreme reliability. We have been in the hosting business for over a decade and Agiloft was developed specifically for a multi-tenant hosting environment.
If you are considering other SaaS vendors, we strongly recommend that you cover the technical topics below with them to find out how they compare.
Based on more than ten years of experience offering hosted software solutions, our superior infrastructure provides reliability you can count on.
We offer high availability service levels and industry-recognized reliability. See our SLA for more details on the credits we offer if we fail to meet our uptime targets.
Monitoring software is configured to alert if average CPU utilization on a hosted server exceeds 25% or the load increases above 2.0. In addition, periodic scalability and performance tests are run to verify that system performance is meeting the highest standards.
Our service is configured with multiple levels of redundancy to ensure availability and data protection:
- Knowledgebases are hosted on cloud servers configured with redundant RAID SSD hard drives.
- Primary servers are replicated in real time to secondary AWS servers, also configured with redundant SSD drives and located in a different availability zone.
- Snapshots are created on the secondary server every four hours.
- Snapshots are automatically restored to a test server every two weeks and subjected to database integrity checks.
- We take daily backups on the primary server.
- Intel Xeon processors and ECC RAM are used on all servers.
- Dedicated servers are configured with at least 24G RAM.
- Shared servers are configured with at least 48G RAM.
- All servers are protected by redundant firewalls.
- Active monitoring is employed on all services.
In the USA, we offer two hosting options:
- Double redundancy with Cologix and AWS service: The master servers reside at Cologix, Silicon Valley’s premier data center, and are replicated in real time to servers at Cologix and AWS cloud servers in Virginia 2700 miles away, so your data and service is not dependent on a single provider or geographic location.
- Redundant AWS service: The master servers are located on the Amazon AWS cloud in the Virginia region with real-time replication to backup AWS servers in a separate availability zone.
Outside the USA, we offer redundant AWS hosting with master servers replicated and backed up to servers on the AWS cloud in a separate availability zone:
- Canadian customers are hosted on Amazon AWS in Montreal. The data never leaves Canada.
- European customers are hosted on Amazon AWS in Ireland. The data never leaves Ireland.
- Australian and Asian customers are hosted on Amazon AWS in Sydney. The data never leaves Australia.
Customers are free to have their system hosted at whichever location they desire, and there is no difference in pricing.
We contract with independent specialist security companies to conduct 3rd party audits of the hosted service and application software. Please see our Security Policy.
All access to hosted servers is encrypted through use of SSL technology. A firewall restricts server access, and for customers who elect to use a dedicated server, we will be happy to configure the firewalls to only allow access from specific IP addresses.
Customers using a shared server can configure the KB to use a single sign-on capability restricted to their IP address, provided that their firewall allows the use of Active-X controls from designated servers.
Backups in Case of Emergency
In addition to the fully redundant servers detailed above, we store multiple redundant backup copies. So data can be restored in the event of an error by a privileged member of your staff, such as your system administrator.
System snapshots are saved on highly durable AWS S3 storage every four hours. In addition, database backups are created every 24 hours. Knowledgbases can be configured for automatic backup more frequently at an additional cost.
No Bandwidth Limitations
There are no limitations on traffic or bandwidth. This policy has remained unchanged for more than 9 years, but we reserve the right to modify it if we notice excessive usage or abuse by a particular customer.
If we ever limit traffic/bandwidth, we will also provide the option for the customer to purchase additional bandwidth.
Option to Move In-House at Any Time
You can move from our cloud servers to an on-premise Windows or Linux server at any time.
It takes less than 10 minutes to install Agiloft on your own server and a few clicks of the mouse to export the entire knowledgebase to your local hard drive and import it. The import time depends upon the size of the knowledgebase and disk I/O rates.
In addition to the backup’s XML file format, data can be also be exported in ASCII and Excel formats for migration to other programs.
Product changes are subject to the following stages of review and testing:
- Detailed functionality specification
- Design review of the proposed solution
- Code reviews
- Functionality testing by the developer
- Over three thousand automated server-side unit tests
- Over five hundred automated GUI tests
- A suite of manual tests by our QA department
- Internal production use
- Beta testing
- Release candidate testing
- Official release